pregnancy

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Week 8: Goodbye sea creature, hello baby!

Just short updates .. (really, it seems like the bebi is draining most of my energy for the PC.. I can't really sit long enough to write a decent blog entry !) But also add to that busy weekends when I have to go to school, spend quality time with the husband who's going away soon, and the fact that I don't have net access in the apartment

1. We had our first ultrasound last week -- bebi pacua was .95 cm with a heartbeat of 132 beats per minute (dugug-dugug-dugug) Will post as soon as I am able to scan. Although the bebi was just a tiny blob that's twitching! Sort of like a peek into a BIO 2 microscope when we had those hay infusions (bahala na kung sino maka-intindi) :-P

2. I don't feel crampy anymore, but I DO get morning and late afternoon-sick. But not sick enough to throw up, whew. But really sick enough to feel lightheaded and woozy and to wish about going home by 2PM. I really can't even bear the thought of going to work tomorrow.

3. The good thing is, the books all say that the queasy feelings will soon stop. I hope I am not part of the statistics who experience the sickness up to the 4th month. Oh please.

4. Sam brought home a copy of the National Geographic book "In The Womb" (click image for more info it's a printed copy/ coffee table book of the really nice documentary I saw on the Nat Geo Channel last year -- haha , where I cried when I was watching the mom gave birth! Parang ang sakit kasi talaga!!! I wish I can have the DVD too)

It's a really great book, and we had fun reading it (well, Sam lies down and asks me to read to him :oP ) But it was still fun. The photos are super cool too!

5. A lot of people who find out about my pregnancy almost always comment on my coffee-loving ways. Sigh, oo na, bawal nga! What I do now is sip hot water and say to myself, "Isipin mo na lang, kape yan..." and Sam's coffee smelled so good this morning at breakfast. Sigh. Have to condition my mind that Anmum tastes as great!

So what happens during Week 8? I got this from Baby-Gaga.com

Woohoo! You've got one whole inch of baby inside of you! Your little embryo has finally reached the one-inch mark (30mm). And if it were possible to take a peek, you could actually see your tiny baby without a telescope!What’s more, your baby is finally starting to take on some very distinct human features. For starters, their little tail (really just the spinal cord) has disappeared completely. It’s nice to know your baby can no longer be mistaken for a sea creature! Additionally, both their toes and fingers are prominent with very little, if any, webbing. Upper and lower limbs all show recognizable joints (elbows and knees) and the lower limb bones are starting to ossify. But don’t expect your baby to resemble either parent quite yet. Right now, your baby’s head is disproportionately larger than the rest of their body--making up almost half of your little one’s height and weight!

No comments:

baby